Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 29: Watching Closely

 I put Eliana down for a nap the other day.  When I walked back in the room to put some laundry away, I stopped to look over her and watch her closely as she slept. I noticed her chest go up and down as she breathed.  I looked at her little mouth puckered up so sweetly and the tiny details in her little hands and feet. 
I got lost in thought while gazing over her. 

I wondered what she'll look like when she grew up.  Who's personality will she have?  What will be her likes and her dislikes?
 
 
I find myself doing the same with the other kids too even now that they're older.  Sometimes I go into their room before I go to bed and they're already asleep.  I give them each a kiss and stare at them in their peaceful state of slumber.  

In my mind, I go over the events of the day. Both the high's and low's.  I pray for motherly wisdom as I get a good look at my most cherished blessings. 
 
Staring over my kids never gets old. I've done it with all five of my children as I'm sure you have too, and each time, it's a warm, wonderful experience.  Maybe because each one of them is so unique, and so my hopes and desires for each of them is as unique and special as they are.

As I watched the baby sleep and I thought about my love for her, it brought me back to this scripture...

Psalm 121:8
the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore

Wow...in the same way we watch over our kids,  God watches over us.  My favorite part of this scripture is the comforting thought that he does so "both now and forevermore."

Daily, God looks over us like a protective parent making sure His children are O.K.


Can you picture God watching over you? Stroking your head and whispering His blessings onto you? Unique plans for each of us with a hope and a future because we are His special children, His cherished blessings.

And...like a parent singing a lullaby to their precious child, God sings over us too!

Zephaniah3:17
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.”

God...the perfect parent, singing the perfect song to quiet our soul with unsurpassing love.
 
Imagine if the Isrealites would have acted daily with this thought in mind. They wouldn't have thought of themselves as forgotten by Him when they were hot, hungry, thirsty, and tired and their forty year journey would have taken only days.

Sometimes we do the same thing. Like a fussy baby in their parents arms, we can squirm and sometimes kick and scream. We wonder where God is through the rough times and can feel as if we're treading the rough waters of life alone.
 


Its only when we put our head on his shoulders, and wrap our arms around Him that we find the comfort we need because He's carrying us through, tightly holding us in His arms.

So snuggle in and feel at peace knowing that you rest on the shoulders of your Creator. May His daily watch over you, bring Him delight!   


Are you trusting God to carry you through
as he watches over you? 






No comments:

Post a Comment