Saturday, June 18, 2011

Day 38: Walking In Moses' Shoes


Its hard to believe that in two days we will end the 40 day journey of the Manna Principle.  Its been a long but great time of learning. 
Journaling this experience has been difficult at times because of the amount of time it's taken.  Yet I find that I will miss blogging everyday about it.
Sharing this experience with all of you has been a true blessing. I have received many kind words from many who have followed along.  I see how God has used this experience not only to teach my family and I, but also so that this experience would become a blessing to others as well.

During this time, I feel the Lord has taken me through a similar path as the Isrealites.  The journey began with much excitement and adventure.  After some time though, the enthusiasm died down and I hit a wall.  The wall of exhaustion combined with a dry spell. Somedays I wondered how I was going to make it through 40 days of journaling straight through.   I was able to overcome it and the time spent in God's Word and in prayer became a rich experience again; I entered a peaceful state of mind. (No physical rest, but peaceful anyway)

Yet my experience has even gone beyond just getting a glimpse of what the Isrealites experienced.  I've felt as if I've even walked in Moses shoes.  To get a better understanding, look at the Exodus passage:

Exodus 17:8-12
Now Amalek came and fought with Israel in Rephidim. And Moses said to Joshua, “Choose us some men and go out, fight with Amalek. Tomorrow I will stand on the top of the hill with the rod of God in my hand.”  So Joshua did as Moses said to him, and fought with Amalek. And Moses, Aaron, and Hur went up to the top of the hill.  And so it was, when Moses held up his hand, that Israel prevailed; and when he let down his hand, Amalek prevailed.  But Moses’ hands became heavy; so they took a stone and put it under him, and he sat on it. And Aaron and Hur supported his hands, one on one side, and the other on the other side; and his hands were steady until the going down of the sun.

All day long, Aaron and Hur supported Moses' hands.  It was because of their support that Moses was able to hold up the rod of God and give the Isrealites the upper hand in this fight. 

For me, Grisel (playing the part of Moses at the moment), it was my family (playing the parts of  Aaron and Hur) that helped me to be able to share my experience with all of you.   When I was tired and they saw me struggling along, they held me up by taking on most of the chores at home.  They supported me through it all along, and even cheered me on along the way

Daily, they supported me.
They stayed up late with me, helped with the baby and sacrificed a great deal.   Because of their support I was able to remain steady and continue on sharing everything God was showing us.  

So today I wanted to acknowledge them because they held up my hands high when I was unable to do it alone. I am so thankful to them. I am thankful for my husband because He is a strong spiritual leader who does everything with the purpose of pleasing the Lord.  He challenges me and helps me reach new heights in my faith. He is also a huge supporter of anything I do.  He believes in taking risks to follow dreams and he has always pushed me to go after the things I want.

Then there are my children.  So sweet, caring and selfless.  They love to love me with surprise breakfasts, fancy table settings, and well thought out details.  They love God so much and their love for their family is evident.

What more could I want in life when God has blessed me with a family such as this? Who's daily love, support and adventurous spirit never ceases. 
Like Moses, I've cried out many times "Lord, why me?
Send someone else to do it, pleeeaase!

But for whatever reason, regardless of my qualifications,  I'm the broken vessel He has chosen to work with.  He had supplied me with the support of my family and has shown me the way to the foot of the cross, and it is there that I see Him clearly and realize,  I'm walking on Holy Ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment