Friday, May 20, 2011

Day 11: Nothing to Give

Galatians 6:9
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

I'll admit it, I'm tired.  In the last 10 days of working on this experiment Carl and I have been going to bed late and waking up early. Writing this blog has been very time consuming and I usually don't get it done until late in the night. 

Then, as if the baby knew I was about to fall into a deep trance,  she starts crying to get in that feeding she might otherwise miss if I would dare get the sleep I really need.  Although I'm loving every minute of walking so close to God and sharing it with those who read it, my human body has been screaming, "SLEEP, I NEED SLEEP!"

Today, my body was showing signs of shutting down. I couldn't think clearly. I had so much to do and so little energy that I wondered how I was even going to get any words written for this blog entry.  I felt my brain short-circuiting at the rising noise level of the kids and the daunting tasks that layed before me.

I found myself looking ahead and getting anxious as I thought about writing for another 29 days straight.  Would I know what to write for so many days?  Could I continue on as tired as I was? 


I didn't feel inspired in any way because sleep depravation
had taken control of me. Drowsy, and sitting in front of a blank computer screen, I went to Him in prayer.

It was there that I received His rest. 
 
This scripture came to mind 
 Matthew 11:28-30
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

I was weary and in need of rest and I'm glad I knew where to go find it.
In God's faithfulness, He answered.

He gave me confidence to know that I can go on,
the motivation to continue
and the words I needed to say..

Physically, I am still tired
but spiritually I'm refreshed once again.. 

    I can look back and remember the many times Carl and I have had nothing left to give; it been there when we've seen His most powerful work being done.
 

 I'm reminded that God is the one who does the giving and gives me daily the content of this blog, for His glory.   


  Corinthians 12:9...“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.
  

 Are you tired? Lean on Jesus and let Him give you rest.





 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment