Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 21:Remember to Never Forget


I've had such a fun-filled and busy weekend that I have not been able to tell you all about the Homeschooling Convention.  I love going to the Homeschool Convention because there is so much that I learn.  I hadn't been there in about five years and this year I realized why I should never miss it.

Its a reminder.
A reminder to never forget why I homeschool.  It's so easy to forget and lose the vision I began with.  I need to remember my purpose as a homeschooling mom so that I won't get sidetracked. 

Most of what I learned this weekend was not new to me, but a reminder of things that I had lost perspective on.  Being there, listening to speakers who have been in my shoes, had the same questions, and found great solutions really helped refresh my outlook.

It didn't take much...just a reminder.
Amidst all the curriculm and  activities, I needed a reminder
to teach my kids, daily,
...the Godly values I want to instill in them
...the love I want to share with them
...the faith I want them to carry on

so that they never forget that He is God and He is good and that he is our reason for living.

These wonderful qualities just don't happen.  It takes more than just a conversation for them to penetrate deep into their hearts.  Because it's less about words and more about doing.

God shows us how we are to
              teach our children in Deuteronomy 11:19             
Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

God wants us to teach our kids about him, always, in the events of daily living. In the morning and at night in all that we do.

So now I am returning home with the vision I began with, and plans to carry them out daily, because I have remembered to never forget.












   

No comments:

Post a Comment